12 Feb 2012

My down's better than your down

After bailing out from 'plan A' due to icy roads and some scary moments in the car, we decided to go to the coast. James was keen to get on his project arete, which looked brilliant. I've had a dabble, it's really involving climbing from start to finish. When we got there the view was incredible - It felt like one of those once in a lifetime sublime moments. So breath-taking that whether or not we got some climbing done it didn't really matter. But we were going to give it a good try. We all got some lines done. I found one line harder than expected - something to go back for?  I also made a new little red-breasted friend with a better down jacket than mine. The best thing of all though was that just on the verge of leaving, on the shout of "It's time to go" James said to Steve "I'll have to smash this project in now" and to my amazement he did, as I witnessed through the trees! Not bad going in these conditions.
Public footpath or a traverse?
The tops will brush off, honest!
 Two hours later..... success
 Steve climbing on a fine problem, on a block that he has developed
 I was right chuffed with this line, climbing the arete without the left wall or chock-stones
 The best down jacket ever, just look at that fluffy fill quality
James happy to get his arete in the alpine conditions

No comments:

Post a Comment